Pimples or Acne
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition commonly known as pimples. It is the inflammation of sebaceous gland (oil glands) and characterized by whiteheads, blackheads, and red, inflamed patches of skin.
What causes acne?
Acne is not caused by just one factor. Acne happens when oil glands attached to the hair follicles are activated at the time of puberty. It is associated with increased oil production and clogging the follicular openings or pores. The clogged follicle enlarges, producing a bump.
What are the symptoms?
The parts of the skin that have the high number of functional oil glands are more prone to acne.These include face, neck, upper chest, back and shoulders. Various signs and symptoms are:
- Blackheads or white heads- These are black or white raised lesions on skin surface, seen due to blockage of skin pores. They usually heal without scarring.
- Papules - They are the most common lesions generally the first that people get are raised bumpy papules. They can be red and painful, which are sign of infection.
- Pus filled lesion (pustule) - Theyinflammatory lesion and there is formation of pus due to widespread infection they sometimes become huge and heals with scarring.
- Deep acne (nodules) and cysts - This is the most severe form. In this type, the acne become painful lumps beneath the skin surface and filled with pus. They are very tender and may burst with discharging pus. They always heal with scarring.
Who are more prone to get acne?
Few patients may develop acne due to problems like mental & physical stress, over usage of cosmetics, irregular periods, hormonal imbalance, excessive intake of oily and junk food which are likely to aggravate acne.
How they can be prevented?
They can be prevented by taking various precautions:
- Clean your skin gently with a mild soap removing all dirt or make-up. Wash your face twice a day. Avoid too much of scrubbing or frequent skin washing.
- Avoid very greasy cosmetics or creams. Take off make-up properly before sleeping.
- If you have an oily scalp, shampoo your hair thrice a week and avoid putting oil.
- Avoid frequent touching your face with your hands or fingers as it causes infection.
- Never squeeze, scratch, pick, or rub the pimples as it can lead to scarring.
- Never do self-medication. Always consult dermatologist In Delhi and ask for different treatment options available.
Pimples or Acne Treatment at skin n laser centre ( Dermatologist In Delhi and Skin Specialist In Delhi )
This condition is treated with best therapies available by, the expert team of dermatologists at skin n laser centre. But, being a chronic disease the treatment also demands patient's patience, dedication and commitment.
There are three aspects of treatment.
- To cure infection
- Reduction of marks and pigmentation
Treatment modalities available:
Medical- to control new eruptions by curing the infections
Chemical peels and microdermaabration- to exfoliate the dead layer of the skin and superficial acne to reduce the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Laser - fractional C02 laser- This is the most advanced laser for acne scars.This helps in formation of collagen therefore effects can be seen from the first sitting onwards.
To seek a consultation with a Best Dermatologist In Delhi or Skin Specialist In Delhi:
Call us at +91 9312630800, +91-9990804086 | Email at email@example.com