Warts And Molluscumcontagiosum
What are warts?
Warts are viral infection caused by the Human Papillomavirus (HPV), which stimulates the growth of cells of outer layer of skin which forms a wart. They are contagious and spread from one place to other with the direct touch.
What are the different types of warts?
- Common Warts: It is most common type of wart and are characterized by raised itchy lesion with rough surface and can occur anywhere on the body, but mostly found on the hands.
- Flat: Flat warts are smoother, flatter, and smaller than common warts, and generally occur on the face. This type of wart is more common in children than adults.
- Plantar: Plantar warts usually appear as flesh-colored or light brown growth usually occur on feet and are painful.
- Genital: Genital warts can appear in the pubic region, on the genitals, in or around the anus, and in the vagina. They look like small pink or red skin growth and can spread and grow rapidly. Mild pain, itching and bleeding can occur.
What is molluscumcontagiosum?
Mollluscum is a viral infection which is caused by pox virus, characterized by raised pearly white skin growth. They are more common in children and sometimes may resolve themselves without any treatment. However if they increase in number and size they require treatment from a dermatologist.
What are the Symptoms?
Molluscum or warts are viral infections. They are usually harmless but spread very easily. There can be mild itching and warts on tips of fingers and feet can be painful. In case of infection, sometimes there can be bleeding or pus discharge. They are infectious. One can catch wart or molluscum by touching an infected object - such as towel, clothes, or plates - touched by an infected person.
Warts and Molluscumcontagiosum Treatment at skin n laser centre In Delhi
There are many treatment options for warts, although reoccurrence after the treatment can be seen.But complications can be prevented if a proper treatment from the dermatologists is taken. Some options include:
- Medications: Some medications can be applied to reduce the size but they are not effective for permanent removal.
- Extraction: Molluscum can be extracted by the expert with the best technology
- Laser therapy: This procedure uses an intense beam of light (the laser) to burn and destroy wart or molluscumtissue completely by an expert.
- All these procedures are done by experts at skin n laser centre.
To seek a consultation with a Dermatologist In Delhi or Skin Specialist In Delhi:
Call us at +91-9990804085, +91-9990804089 | Email at email@example.com